Ketjen Corporate Legal Entity FAQs for Vendors
As of January 1, 2024, Albemarle Corporation’s (“Albemarle”) Catalysts business, recently rebranded as “Ketjen”, will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Albemarle named Ketjen Corporation. This document provides answers to potential questions related to purchase orders and invoicing as a result of name changes to certain Albemarle legal entities and the formation of several Ketjen legal entities. We appreciate your support and patience as we work through the transition.
Starting January 1, 2024, all Purchase Orders and other documents related to the Ketjen business will be issued by Ketjen and branded with the Ketjen name and logo.
1. Who should I contact with any potential questions.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
2. Why are we changing our legal entity structure?
We are changing the legal entity because of the formation of Ketjen, a separate wholly owned subsidiary of Albemarle.
3. When will the change occur?
The change is effective January 1, 2024.
4. What is the name of the new Legal Entity?
Ketjen will have 28 legal entities worldwide. Please locate the legal entity or entities you currently do business with listed in the Legal Entity Table on our website. Next to the Legal Entity name you will find the name and relevant information for the corresponding new legal entity.
5. What is the new name of the current Legal Entity?
We will provide further communication about the new names upon name reservation (where possible) or name change completion in December 2023 / early January 2024. Please review the Legal Entity Table on our website for the information.
6. Will my Purchase Orders be impacted?
As of January 1, 2024, all Ketjen purchase orders will be issued by Ketjen and will contain our new logo and updated company information as required. If your existing purchase order issued by Albemarle has a validity / delivery period beyond December 31, 2023, you may receive a new Ketjen purchase order to replace it beginning on January 1, 2024.
7. Will there be changes to our daily interactions with Ketjen?
You should experience no change to your interactions with us as a result of this legal entity change.
8. Do I need to take any action?
You will need to be able to receive Purchase Orders and send invoices to Ketjen, starting January 1, 2024. Therefore, please review the new Legal Entity Table on our website and update all necessary information in your systems to ensure a seamless transition.
9. May I get a new W9 for the new legal entity in the US?
Yes. Please request a W9 form by emailing [email protected].
10. Should vendors continue sending invoices and proposals to the same address?
No. Invoices will need to be submitted to a new email address. Please review the Legal Entity Table for updated address and additional information.
11. Will there be a change in the VAT registrations?
In the case of new legal entities, we will have new VAT registration numbers effective January 1, 2024. Current legal entities that will only change names will not have new VAT registration numbers. Please review the Legal Entity Table on our website for the information.
12. Will there be a change in the TAX number?
In the case of new legal entities, we will have new TAX identification numbers effective January 1, 2024. Current legal entities that will only change names will not have new TAX identification numbers. Please review the Legal Entity Table on our website for the information.
13. What will happen to my open invoices with Albemarle that are now changing to another legal entity?
Your open invoices will be paid by the Albemarle legal entity.
14. Is there a grace period for each country to accept invoices to the former legal entity name?
Please issue invoices to the legal entity instructed in the purchase order.
15. Will my invoice get returned if I submit it to the current email address?
Ketjen is going to have a new e-mail address for submitting invoices, therefore the current e-mail address won’t be valid after December 31, 2023. Please review the updated address and additional information on our Legal Entity table.
16. Are there any changes in our payment terms or procedures that we should be aware of?
There will be no changes to the agreed upon payment terms as a result of this legal entity change.
17. How will I know which legal entity to invoice?
In case you are going to transact with both Albemarle and Ketjen legal entities, please ensure that you are invoicing the legal entity that you received the Purchase Order from.
18. What if my business with Ketjen / Albemarle is not Purchase Order based?
Please reach out to your respective Procurement contact or send an e-mail to [email protected] with any questions. You might be required to resubmit your invoices with the new legal entity details.
19. How will the name changes affect existing contracts, agreements or terms with the company?
We are reviewing all existing contracts and will be contacting each vendor separately to discuss if a specific contract needs to be changed or updated. Since Ketjen will remain a subsidiary of Albemarle, most of the legal agreements will remain in effect until agreement expiry or renewal.
20. Does Ketjen have its own credit rating?
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Albemarle, Ketjen continues to benefit from Albemarle's credit rating and financial stability.